Translate: en | ar | bn | de | es | fa | fr | ha | hi | it | ja | ms | nl | pa | pt | ru | ur | sw | tr | zh (hint: if you translate the page the document links are not working)
lernOS is a self-management method for people living and working in the 21st century. To be successful you have to learn, organize, and develop yourself on an ongoing basis. No matter if you are a teenager, a student, a subject matter expert, or a manager. lernOS integrates elements from methods like Personal Knowledge Management (PKM,) Objectives & Key Results (OKR), Getting Things Done (GTD), Working Out Loud (WOL), and Scrum in an integrated approach.
You can use lernOS on your own. But it’s better to find 3-4 other people and become a peer support group called a lernOS Circle. The Circle meets for 13 weeks in a meeting called lernOS Weekly (15-60 Minutes each). The 13 weeks are called a lernOS Sprint. Week 0 is for sprint planning and weeks 1-12 for running the lernOS working & learning programme. This way four sprints per year build the basic framework for your livelong learning process.
Download the lernOS Guide and additional material below and get started now! If you need support with finding circle members you can use the free Circlefinder App. If you are unsure or have any further questions you can join the lernOS User Group on Telegram or follow @lern_os on Twitter.
The adoption of lernOS is a matter of months or years not hours or days. So Keep Calm & Learn On! @simondueckert
The lernOS content can be downloaded in different formats and languages. All the content including sources of images can be found in the lernOS github repository.
|Version 1.1||ZIP (16 MB)||ZIP (16 MB)|
|Version 1.0||ZIP (16 MB)||ZIP (17 MB)|
The lernOS Webcast (lOScast) is a regular open webcast with information about lernOS. Normally half of the webcast is input and the other half is discussion. You find planned webcasts and recordings from former webcasts below.
- 2018-12-17: lOScast 04 - lernOS Version 1.1 Release (Recording, Slides)
- 2018-09-17: lOScast 03 - lernOS Version 1.0 Release (Recording, Slides)
- 2018-08-13: lOScast 02 - How to use Microsoft OneNote as a Tool in a Circle (Recording, Slides, Chat Protocol)
- 2018-07-09: lOScast 01 - How to use the lernOS Canvas as a Tool in Working Out Loud Circles (Recording, Slides)
1.1 (Feedback Version)
- Renaming of lernOS Sprint/Circle, now Learning Sprint/Circle
- Objective & Key Results (OKR) as default method for learning sprints
- Introduction of learning paths for modularization of learning objectives/contents in a sprint (replaces “styles”)
- Introduction of the NOOB learning path with reduced kata set (11 katas)
- MOBI added as eBook format (for Amazon Kindle app and devices)
- Acknowledgement chapter added
- First Version of the lernOS Guide
lernOS is provided as free cultural work under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY). Following the Open Definition you can freely access, use, modify, and share it for any purpose (private/business, commercial/non-commercial).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I use and modify lernOS?
Yes. You can and we want you to do it! That’s why lernOS is released under a creative commons CC BY 4.0 license and follows the principles of the open definition. You can download, use, and modify it. You can use it in private and business contexts. You can create products and services with lernOS and provide support, training, coaching and professional services. You can also call yourself a lernOS coach, mentor, guide, trainer, circle facilitator etc.
Can I read the lernOS Guide on an ebook reader like the kindle?
Yes. You have to get the email adress of your kindle in the preferences. Then download the Microsoft Word version an send it as an email attachement to your kindle.